Translate

Friday, March 2, 2012

My Music School Experience. By Ania

Hello and PRIVET to everybody!

Ania and Minsk are not sleeping and we are going to tell you a story about  my music school!!!


This is my music school, in summer time. Here it is, this yellow old building!!!
I started my first year in Music School # 15 of Minsk when i was 7 years old. I went there for 9 years. My main subject was classical piano. I was going there every day (getting there by trolley!!) after my classes in regular school.

I had classes with my piano teacher Olga Leonidovna 2 to 4 times a week. I was playing sonatas and etudes by major classical composers. Although in my 8th and 9th  years my teacher wanted to make it a little different and I was playing music by composers of 1960-s from Leningrad.

Besides my main class on piano i had solfeggio with a wonderful teacher that i loved, chorus class, and music literature. And i had homework in each class as well. Solfeggio was tough... Especially dictations (when a teacher was playing us a melody line and we had to write it down)

Every year we had exit exams in May. We had to play a concert as our piano class exam (usually 4 different kinds of pieces of music). It was a big deal, and I was practicing for it the whole semester.

I remember that feeling: you are nervous, your palms are cold and sweaty - and it is bad cause the fingers will slide off the keys... All student are dressed up (white shirt and black skirt usually :)))  Then we enter one by one. It is a big auditorium, all teachers and school administration is there (they give you a mark). Then a stage and a grand piano. It did felt like a real concert :)

This is not me, but this how it looked like kinda :)

Thanx for reading!

Snow is falling down pretty in Minsk now!

Remember that you can listen to BubbleGum song on http://soundcloud.com/glenlanding

My warmest greeting to you! 
 Ania

No comments:

Post a Comment