Translate

Friday, August 31, 2012

Yes! We Just Have Opened Our Boutique!!!

Hello!!!
Storming in with some great news!!!

Ania on behalf on glen landing just opened up a boutique on etsy.com where we are going to sell some glen landing stuff and her handmade things! It's called Be My Surf Princess



Lets see what Ania has to say about  this project in this little interview:

GL BLOG: "So how do you feel?"

Ania: "Oh, probably accomplished, because i had this idea for a long time and finally it is reality! It is a virtual boutique, and i hope one day it will be a physical store on the street : ) or even a chain of stores so i can have one in Philly, South Miami beach, and Minsk!!! Bubbly and carefree!"

GL BLOG: "What does the name mean?"

Ania: "I have chosen a name a long time ago, Be My Surf Princess. And the homie there is my baby seal. I like surfing culture, and you know Britney is Pop Princess, Grimes is Garage Pop Princess... And the seal is Surf Princess : ] (i know, it's way too complicated) It's more likely for the girls, something like Hello Kitty brand"

This is the logo for the tee shirts with the seal!


GL BLOG: "What kind of things are you selling there?"

Ania: "First of all, it is official Glen Landing boutique. We have so much merchandise and tee shirts, so many cool designs and colors. And we have the whole section for girls! We usually sell it only at our shows. Now it is so exciting to finally being able to sell it online! And usually girl shirts designs somehow incorporate the baby seal. So it is perfect for the boutique!
Along with out official Glen Landing merchandise I am going to sell all other stuff i make, including accessories, tee shirts, paintings (mm, of the seal...) and even i hope soon dresses and clothing!"

GL BLOG: "Who makes the items?"

Ania: "Well, we print our Glen Landing apparel, and usually Dan comes up with the designs. He is so good at it!!! he comes up with the dopest designs ever! and there are so many other design that he has ideas for.
And for the other items, i make them. I have been sewing since i can remember myself. I have so much stuff made and so much stuff in sketches/ideas. I will be adding more items to the boutique inventory as i make them"

A Tee with neon pink Seal :]


GL BLOG: "What is your inspiration?"

Ania: "Glen Landing. Baby seals. Bubblegum (original flavor) Japanese Harajuku fashion. Blue. I am all about color! I love bright colors, interesting color combinations, neon colors. And vintage 60s fashion. "

GL BLOG: "Why a baby seal?"

"I don't know why this image came to my imagination. But it did ( and i think i know why now). I remember sitting in class at the College of New Jersey, and just drawing this seal for the first time in my notebook. And since then, i could not stop drawing it in classes. I had all different kinds, a seal with spots ("spotted seal!!!"), with guitar, in hats and with accessories, a badass seal :) ... And then i started to draw it, using watercolors and oils. Then it started to appear on our gear, on my shirts, and even on my dresses now!
Also i love a seal as an animal and i would like to support the movement of PROTECTING BABY SEALS against their cruel murder for their beautiful white fur. So in the future i am planning on donating a percent of my sales to the organization that protects them."

This baby seal pretends he is
 a giant snowflake :)


GL BLOG: "What are you future plans for the boutique?"
Ania: "I want to open a branch on ebay.com :] I would like to have some music equipment related things, cute stuff for girls musicians. Also dresses. And of course more fun Glen Landing merchandise"


So if you would like to check out the boutique here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BeMySurfPrincess

No comments:

Post a Comment