Translate

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Greeting From Minsk! By Ania

Hello friends!!

Anna is here, reporting live for you from Minsk, Belarus!

Yes, I am visiting my hometown for a few weeks and getting some spirit refillment :)

I know that back in Philadelphia, there are probably flowers already blooming! Here winter is still in power! I got lucky, it is not -20 degrees out :) But it snows every day!!!

This is my Minsk...

Overlooking river Niamiha, the view of center city.

I am spending my time walking around the streets I was walking when I was in school and college... Of course mittens and hat and scarf and fur boots required!!!!!!!

A view around Gorky Park 
 Check out this lovely ducks!! They hang around the river. I feel they are different from the ones in New Jersey... On the smaller side. I feel bad, cause they are probably cold! I brought them some bread.

Minsk ducks

Minsk is a place with modern and old architecture. It's lovely to see a cathedral and a church right in the middle of a square in center city. The area in this picture is the area where my university was located and i used to walk here all the time!!


Main square in Minsk and Cathedral of Saint Helena and Simon in red brick

Oh yeah! it snows every day here!!! So you come home looking like a huge snowflake!!! That's how I looked like on the way from the Theatre of Opera and Ballet last night.

Even during  last days of February the winter doesn't want to let go!!

This is my beautiful Belarus... Love the fields and forests....


Well, i feel very calm and content here. I did bring a supply of Bubblegum to chew on :)

We are going to upload Bubblegum song to the soundcloud.com/glenlanding so you can listen to it and also comment !!!! that will be great!!!

Please ask me questions about Minsk and my experience here if you want :)))))

We'll see you soon because we are having some new exciting shows coming up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely, Ania and GL

No comments:

Post a Comment